named exiting every hour

J Sloan joe at tmsusa.com
Tue May 31 21:46:47 UTC 2005

BIJU KURIAN wrote:
>I am getting the following error on naed and it is exiting every hour.
>any workaround/solution to this problem ?
>=20
>Version 9.2.3rc2 on Linux
>
>-----------------------------------cut-------------------------------------=
>---
>db.c:431: REQUIRE(dns_name_issubdomain(name, &db->origin)) failed
>named[4618]: exiting (due to assertion failure)
>---

We used to see this several times a week on our redhat dns servers. It
happens a lot on SMP systems.

Since switching to suse linux six months ago we have not seen any
further occurrences of named dying.

Linux is linux, but kernel version and options, libs, gcc version, bind
compilation options all could be factors.

Joe