ignored TTLs?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Nov 7 14:49:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 09:05:01AM -0500,
 aklist_bind at enigmedia.com <aklist_bind at enigmedia.com> wrote
 a message of 35 lines which said:

> I then changed the IP address for the corresponding A records (they
> did not have their own TTLs separate from the main TTL), set the TTL
> back to 3h,

This is careless, should anything go wrong. It would have been better
to wait a bit to see if everything was OK.

> Question is, what did I do wrong?

You apparently did not indicate the domain name so it is quite
difficult to debug. Shot in the dark: the domain name is also known by
the registry of the TLD, they publish glue and you did not tell your
registrar to change that glue, and so the TLD name servers continue to
"pollute" the DNS?