2 zone files for one domain?

silijim starr.jim at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 05:40:08 UTC 2005

How can I set up a BIND server (on a RHEL AS 4.1 system) so that I can
have additional entries for a zone that is mastered on another
computer?

I have no control over the my company's DNS server but I would like to
set up server that would provide additional name records for a single
domain (the guy who runs the DNS won't update it with new names that I
would like to have).  I do have control over the clients and can point
them to my server instead of his but I still need his server's data.

Thanks for your help in advance.