no authoritative answer from master server

Fernando Soria nandoria at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 23:58:57 UTC 2005

On 11/16/05, Kevin Darcy <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com> wrote:
> Fernando Soria wrote:
>
> >Hi list...
> >
> >I got a name server (BIND 9.2.3) and configured a zone (dnsdigital.com.ar)
> >
> >That zone has a master name server called ns1.dnsdigital.com.ar in the same
> >machine and a slave server registered in zoneedit
> >My doubt is when I ran #dig @ns1.dnsdigital.com.ar dnsdigital.com.ar got non
> >authoritative answer but when run #dig @ns17.zoneedit.com dnsdigital.com.ar
> >it has authoritative answer...
> >That (I think) is no big deal because apparently its working fine but I
> >wonder why my master server hasn't authoritative answer for himself
> >Any idea?
> >
> ns1 is responding authoritative when I query it. Do you have views
> defined? If so, what view would be matched by a local query?
>
> - Kevin

Hi Kevin, thanks for your reply...
My doubt it's wen I do a query of the type ANY I forgot that... dig
when no type is specified perform a lookup of the A record...
like this:
#dig @ns1.dnsdigital.com.ar ANY dnsdigital.com.ar <-- no authoritative answer
#dig @ns17.zoneedit.com.ar ANY dnsdigital.com.ar <-- authoritative answer

I don't have defined view's iet