Loggin of queries

Henning Markussen hm at mib.dk
Wed Nov 30 09:06:50 UTC 2005

Hi

I'm in the middle of moving DNS clients that use one zone
from 1 setup of DNS servers to a new setup.

My problem is that I don't have a complete view of who, of the client's,
are using the current servers.

So my plan was to log all the queries to the DNS servers.
But this means that I have to log all the queries sent to the servers
and I would have to parse through the log file and find the client's.

But that would result in a large file before the paring.
And I need to run this for about a month.

My questions is:
is it possible to log queries for one zone in one file
and a other zone in a other file ?

- Henning