BIND logging to event viewer (windows)

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Sat Oct 1 13:18:37 UTC 2005

Josh Hyles wrote:
> Every time I start/restart bind on my windows box it loads up Event viewer
> up with a million entries and I lose track of the entries for other
> programs. Does anyone know a way to make bind only log to a file? Currently
> it seems to only be logging queries to a file.

The real question here is why do you have a "million" entries? If you
have errors in your configuration or zone file you will get that. If you
told it to log certain activities and didn't direct them to a file you
will get that. If you don't want those activities logged change your
configuration file to turn them off.

A) What's in the event log?

B) What's in the configuration file?

Danny