Now I'm in trouble...

Bill.Light at kp.org Bill.Light at kp.org
Thu Oct 6 20:11:54 UTC 2005

>> I DO have reverse delegation
>
>I know, it's Andrew JW who said wrongly you don't, I didn't.
>
>> Checking for nameserver BIND dead
>
>Correct, there is no name server reachable on
>dns1.light-family.com. Your BIND apparently crashed but for a reason
>which seems unrelated to its configuration (faulty hardware (dmesg may
>help), broken software, ask for Suse-specific trouble, may be).

Note that bind 9.2.4 is not the latest version available in the 9.2
series,
9.2.5 is with 9.2.6 as a release candidate.  Bind 9.3.1 is the latest
available in the 9.3 series with 9.3.2 as a release candidate.
--
Tom Schulz
schulz at adi.com

Thanks Tom -

Because it is SuSE they don't necessarily update the version numbers
because of other dependencies, that's just what -v yields...   My patching
with the SuSE tool Yast is current.

- Bill