/dev/resolver socket?

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Sun Oct 9 17:31:37 UTC 2005

This may be a stupid question. I Googled but didn't find anything
useful. I also looked through the BIND 9 ARM. It's just curiosity;
there's no problem I am trying to solve.

Is it possible for BIND named to listen on a Unix socket, the way
syslogd typically does with /dev/log? Do other nameserver
implementations do this?

Would there be a benefit to this approach in a high usage situation?
Would it be a lot of trouble to adapt resolvers to use a socket in
place of UDP/TCP queries?
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header