can not stop named

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Mon Oct 10 13:14:52 UTC 2005

On Monday 2005-October-10 07:36, Andy Pieters wrote:
> If the script doesn't work you can do a killall named to stop it.

Yes, in short, the OP's issue is with the OS and shell. Knowing a
process' name is all one should need. I usually urge such posters to
learn more about the basics of their OS, because complex system
administration tasks are difficult to accomplish without such
understanding.

Anyway, I would suggest trying "rndc stop" before "killall named".

> You might also try using another init script.  As root, go to the
> /etc/init.d script and look for a file named "named" do a cp named ~
> so that you have a copy, then paste the attached init file.  This is

As you can see the listserver strips off attachments, but it probably
wouldn't have helped anyway.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header