Delegation (to Active Directory DNS) woes

Joost De Cock Joost.DeCock at astrid.be
Wed Oct 12 05:07:18 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 22:57, Mark Andrews hurled the following on the
wire:

> 	Be consistant with fully qualified and unqalified domain names.
>
> 	 _tcp.company.be                  NS              willow.company.be.
>
> 	is
>
> 	_tcp.company.be.company.be.	NS	willow.company.be.
> > I assume that that would work if I could get to the delegation info.
> >
> > Any idea why it doesn't come up with the delegation info? (I did change
> > the serial, and the zone file is loaded)
> > Note that in the zonefile I pasted above, I believe a '.' is missing on
> > the last line (after _tcp.company.be) but I fixed that, yet no change.

Thanks for pointing that out (thanks to Ronan who spotted it too), but as you
can see in the lines above, I already wrote in my previous post that I
spotted it myself, but fixing it didn't fix my problem.

Biscottino suggested that it may be related to _ not being RFC compliant in
domain names. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Bind ignores
check_name as default now. Is that correct?
I suppose I could add it just to be sure, but I have little hope that that
will nail the root of my problem.

joost