DNS caching server

raghavendra.sadaramachandra at wipro.com raghavendra.sadaramachandra at wipro.com
Wed Oct 12 12:18:13 UTC 2005

Hi All,

 I am using bind-9.2.5. It is working fine for internal domains.

 Now I want configure it for caching server functionality. As I
understand caching server means, If my DNS server does not contain
information about some domain (that the client requested), then it
forwards that request to the known DNS server on the internet. After
getting info from some DNS server on internet, it saves this information
in its database. So that next time some client requests for that domain
instead of contacting the other DNS servers on the internet it searches
in its own database and services the query.

So please help me out in exploring this feature of BIND. I mean what all
configurations I should do?

Regards,

Raghavendra. S

Confidentiality Notice