Caching DNS (BIND 9.2.3) Not Resolving a Particular Host.

Deepak Saun deepaksaun at bsnl.in
Fri Oct 14 18:24:37 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <raghavendra.sadaramachandra at wipro.com>
To: <deepaksaun at bsnl.in>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 7:12 AM
Subject: RE: Caching DNS (BIND 9.2.3) Not Resolving a Particular Host.

Hi Deepak,
 Will u please drop configuration file ( named.conf).

Regards,
Raghavendra. S

Dear Sir,
         Here it is:

options {
        directory       "/var/named";
        pid-file        "/var/named/named.pid";
        listen-on        { 218.248.255.193;};
//Here goes allow-query clause.
        recursive-clients 5000;
};

zone "localhost" IN {
        type master;
        file "localhost.zone";
};

zone "." in {
        type            hint;
        file            "named.ca";
};

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" in {
        type            master;
        file            "named.local";
};

One more thing I wanted to know, when I am replying to a mail it is going to
your indivdual Ids, not to the list, whereas for all other lists, it goes to
list.

Regards:
Deepak Saun
JTO (Tech)