Dynamic Updates : filter hostnames

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 07:57:28 UTC 2005

Kevin is right - it's the responsability of the DHCP server to send DDNS
updates deleting a name from the DNS whenever the lease associated with it
expires. I should know, I did maintenance for a DHCP server, and it was
always supposed to do this - otherwise it was a bug. If you're seeing this
behaviour, file a bug report with the DHCP server vendor :).