Creating a Catch-Everything Catch-All

ics.org at donnacha.com ics.org at donnacha.com
Tue Oct 18 04:53:58 UTC 2005

Please forgive my lack of clue.  I have read the FAQ and googled
ferociously but haven't been able to find a solution, I hope that
someone here can help me.

I would like anybody to be able to point their domains at my nameservers
and for anybody browsing to "thatdomain.com" or "www.thatdomain.com" or
"*.thatdomain.com" or "thatdomain.com/*" to see a default/catch-all PHP
page.

I am managed to create httpd.conf entries that show my PHP page when I
enter one of my IP addresses into a browser but, so far, I can't get the
same page to appear when I enter undefined domains into my browser.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could show me how to create a
catchall file in bind that would catch all variations and subdomains of
undefined domains and point them to my PHP page.

Again, sorry if this is all very obvious stuff, I honestly haven't been
able to get my head around it.

Thanks,

Donnacha