Please help on Bind 9.2.5

jackliu jacklrx at myrealbox.com
Tue Sep 6 03:01:16 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am running fedora 3 at home behind a route. I start bind 9.2.5
service. but it just working for internal IP address. not Internaet
address. that means every time I use nslookup at other PC at home. when
I point server to 192.168.1.9(fedora box) , I can get the result for my
own domain and even yahoo.com. but if we set the server to 66.66.??.??
( external IP address on the route) I got "connection timed out; no
servers could be reached" error, sure, I check the route the forward
port, I forward the port 53 for both tcp/udp. even I try use DMZ on the
router. but I checked the query log for the named, I indeed saw a
record from outsie. it seem indeed get the query but just don't reply
to nowhere. and if i change the router forward port 53 to another
window box witn DNS server on it, everything is fine, so it seems
router is OK. don't know why my bind can't work for my route IP
address. any help is appreciated.