bind on bluecat's adonis 1000

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Sep 15 16:21:52 UTC 2005

At 11:43 AM -0400 2005-09-15, Greg Chavez wrote:

>  There are slowness issues.  I can't say for sure, but I suspect that
>  part of it is a combination of network issues and my PC hardware/OS .=20

	I've just logged into the server after my CPU upgrade, and the
user interface does seem to be a lot faster now.  Moreover, I've
removed all the zones from the server, so there isn't much in the way
of network traffic that can possibly go on.  The slowness that I was
seeing previously seems to have largely been due to the Java applet
not running very fast on my ancient machine, but I have yet to try
out their Java Web Start application.

>  I hope to see more Infoblox posts on this group - how it compares to
>  BIND, how it stacks up.  It has relevance I think, especially if they
>  become as successful and widespread as they hope to be.  This is not
>  djbdns we're talking about.  Dunno.  Maybe I should check my
>  bind-users FAQ.

	It's running BIND under the hood, so I would imagine that we're
not too far off the mark.  I mean, people talk about products like
QIP here, so why not Infoblox?

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755