open port 953 for rndc

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Mon Sep 26 16:42:53 UTC 2005

> To: comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org
> From: kevindu28 at yahoo.com
> Subject: open port 953 for rndc
> Date: 25 Sep 2005 19:45:37 -0700
>
> When I do a netstat I see that 953 is listening.  I have DNS running
> but the problem is that I see the listening address looks strange. Can
> someone tell me ifthis should be expected?
>
> tcp   0   0 localhost:rndc  *:*  LISTEN
> tcp   0   0 ::1:rndc        *:*  LISTEN
>
> The localhost address was expect but not the one that reads "::1"

::1 is an IPv6 address...

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin