out-of-business registrar

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 18:12:11 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 2005-September-27 21:55, mmccaws2 wrote:
> we have a client who's domain registrar has gone out of business.
> i-theta.com was the registrar.  Does anyone know what happens to
> abandoned domains, as in are they acquired by other registrars.  If
> so, how do I go about finding who has acquired the domain.  Or does
> my customer just find another registrar? The domain in question is
> ci.woodinville.wa.us.

That's a special use domain. Your customer (the city of Woodinville,
Washington USA) always and exclusively owns that domain. Start poking
around Neustar (the .US TLD registrar) and find out how to proceed.
This is not a commercial/private domain so the advice in the other
thread is not appropriate.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header