Catch All Server - Null MX Setup

WiNNie sebclark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 23:08:13 UTC 2005

The Name Servers are being used for a domain parking program, there is
no email, so MX is of no use. My dedicated Name Servers are currently
trying to cope with a throughput of 200-300k of data per second
primarily on MX and AAAA record lookups, they are never followed up by
an email or a visit to the relevant domain. It is basically an attack
of some sort, so by shutting off the MX lookups I should be able to
reduce the throughput, the AAAA lookups are a different case though as
i cant simply shut them off.

(Kevin sorry the commas are supposed to be dots, i carelessly changed
the real ip.)