Bind erroring every hour on Win2k3 (Could not listen on UDP socket)

Edward edward.prendergast at netring.co.uk
Mon Apr 3 13:05:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

Bind is erroring periodically creating errors (pasted below) in the
42nd minute of every hour. I have searched the web but found no
reference to this problem. The bind service appears to continue running
successfully despite these errors. It seems possible that bind could be
trying to start another instance of itself and being denied access to
the UDP port.
This version of Windows 2003 is not running any service packs.
I expect I have some misconfiguration otherwise more people would be
experiencing this issue?

The error itself:

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	named