dynamically updated zone and $GENERATE

Sten Carlsen ccc2716 at vip.cybercity.dk
Wed Apr 5 23:04:12 UTC 2006

I think this depends upon how the $generate statements are interpreted.
I would believe that they are just a kind of shorthand for writing long
and systematic sequences.
So, in short:
If it works like the cpp C-preprocessor with C, it should be fine to use
it with dynamic updated zones for providing the basic content.
If on the other hand the processing of $generate statements is closely
intertwined with the other operations, they should be impossible to use
with dynamic updates.

So the question is: how does bind process $generate statements before
initially loading the zone or after loading it?

I don't know, maybe somebody else does on this list.

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen

No improvements come from shouting:

       "MALE BOVINE MANURE!!!"

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen

Let HIM who has an empty INBOX send the first mail.