FW: Forward all subdomains

Steven Lamb sheepdns at adiis.net
Thu Apr 6 15:45:17 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Lamb [mailto:sheepdns at adiis.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:15 AM
To: 'Mark_Andrews at isc.org'
Subject: RE: Forward all subdomains

Well the * matches anything that is not already defined. Even if you
have a small number of them the point is that I don't want to have to
interact with the DNS in order to create them. These are sub domains
that could potentially be created or destroyed several hundreds of times
a minute. The Idea is not to make the customer wait for them to have
access to what they need. I have in the mean time found a work around
that at least works for now. One that lets me ignore the DNS half of the
problem.

For those that are still interested. The problem is slightly worse than
described above. All of this creating and destroying of domains
essentially happens out side of my ability to observe these changes, so
even if I wanted to automatically change the DNS, which I don't, I
couldn't because I wouldn't know what sub-domains to create or get rid
of.

Anyway thanks to all that responded

Steve Lamb