loosing packets

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Thu Apr 20 11:50:44 UTC 2006

Thank you very much for your explanaition. My server is indeed a slave with
many zones which are updated quite often (IXFR from the master).

That leads me to a more specific question: With the option "transfers-per-ns
4;" I told the named not to get more than 4 zones from the master at once.
Would it help, to have more the 4 threads, so while four threads are deaf
because they are busy with the updates, the other threads could answer the
incoming requests?
Or, same question, another phrasing: Is really the hole slave deaf while
updating a zone or only the thread which is doing the update?

Thanks,
Tom.