IXFR and lost (?) updates of a TTL

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Apr 24 13:49:08 UTC 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 12:16:57PM +0200,
 Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> wrote
 a message of 48 lines which said:

> We experienced a curious BIND bug on slave machines which use IXFR to
> transfer from a BIND master. The TTL on the NS records were
> changed. While the master had:

Well, thanks to Jean-Philippe Pick and Stefan Puiu, we can now
reproduce the bug :-)

If, on the master, you just change the TTL of a RRset, this change is
not reflected in the journal file (as displayed by journalprint) and
obviously not propagated to IXFR clients (AXFR clients - and regular
DNS clients like dig - see the new TTL).

Our master is 9.3.1.