Basic DNS Cache Server

abdul khan akhan at fleetwoodmetal.com
Wed Aug 2 19:14:21 UTC 2006

 SwtDivaLove wrote: Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote: On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at
02:15:40AM -0700, SwtDivaLove <colonel_angel2004 at yahoo.com>[1] wrote a
message of 20 lines which said: I need a step by step walk-through on how to
set up at least a DNS Cache Server. 1) Install # Not 100% sure, I do not use
Fedora a lot yum install bind 2) Configure the server. # That's all, BIND is
recursive by default. (It will change soon.) 3) Configure the clients # On
every DNS client, point them to the new server (on Unix, it means # editing
/etc/resolv.conf). You can also configure the client through DHCP or PPP. If
something fails: read the log file (probably /var/log/messages) before
everything. Yes, I'm asking to be hand-held through the a setup. In French,
we say "Help yourself and Heaven will help you" I can definitely and easily
get it installed, where I have the problem is the actual configuration of
theserver. I have read through hundreds of pages on the configuration, but
they have rarely worked. I will attempt again. Hi,
The easiest thing for beginners is Tynidns. Install tynidns will take care
ofyour cach server.
you have to have a thorough knwoledge to play with BIND. (with due respect)
take care
a. khan

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:colonel_angel2004 at yahoo.com