Logging feature request

Seth Mos seth.mos at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 4 07:15:25 UTC 2006

Hello,

This might seem weird and I have no idea if this is feasible or not.

It would help me greatly when the Dynamic DNS Zone update Denied
messages would also include the respective A record or hostname that
they want to update.

This would make the logs more descriptive of what PC or hostname they
are trying to update.

This makes great tracking of my laptops when they are external.
It would also be a good indication if someone is trying to register the
host "www".

So, from this:
Aug  4 09:12:34 lsinet named[9008]: client 10.0.3.130#1563: update
'coltex.nl/IN' denied

to this:
Aug  4 09:12:34 lsinet named[9008]: client 10.0.3.130#1563: update for
hostname in 'coltex.nl/IN' denied

This is a mere suggestion and seems like a reasonable request.

Kind regards,

Seth Mos