Error for bind-dlz

tsar.peter at gmail.com tsar.peter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 05:17:04 UTC 2006

Joshua Beining wrote:
> As part of the base install of FreeBSD, a version of bind is installed which
> is located in /usr/sbin/.  You used the ports tree to install bind-dlz and
> by default is installed in /usr/local/sbin/.  So you should be using
> /usr/local/sbin/named.
>
> -Joshua

The ports / packages installes named in /usr/local, but that leaves you
with
an older incompatible named in /usr/sbin. In addition all your standard
startupscripts will try your original bind.

I prefer to overwrite the "system-supplied" components,
/usr/sbin/named et.al.
to make shure i won't have any bogus versions floating around..