bind-9.3.2 / CPU issue.

Daniel Ryslink daniel.ryslink at col.cz
Fri Aug 18 09:23:31 UTC 2006

Hello,

Some more details concerning this issue - we run BIND on FreeBSD and
experience the problem, so it's probably platform independent.

Strange thing is that we have tried to experimentally deploy an
alternative nameserver with dnscache (part of djbdns) instead of BIND. The
problem occured as well, which leads to a hypothesis that it's not
actually a BIND specific problem, but perhaps some kind of attack or
specific characteristic of DNS query structure in certain enviroments.

Just a thought.

Daniel Ryslink