rndc connection problems

Ronni Jensen roj at mvb.dk
Mon Aug 21 13:32:44 UTC 2006

Hi

I have BIND 9.3.2 running on a RHEL server, and rndc worked fine until
now. Now, when I do a "rndc status", "rndc reload" or similar, I get
this error:

rndc: connection to remote host closed
This may indicate that the remote server is using an older version of
the command protocol, this host is not authorized to connect,
or the key is invalid.

If I just restart BIND, I get this in the log, though it also loads the
zones successfully:

Aug 21 15:25:56.840 general: error: invalid command from
127.0.0.1#46662: bad auth
Aug 21 15:29:27.712 general: error: invalid command from
127.0.0.1#46667: bad auth

Any ideas what happened? And how to fix? Any help will be much
appreciated.

Thanks
Ronni