BIND 9.3.2 and temp box.

Mueller, Rex rmueller at esu3.org
Mon Dec 4 22:16:23 UTC 2006

All,

I have a temporary fedora box built up so I can rebuild our primary DNS
box.

I copied the old file structure i.e. Zone Files and named.conf from the
old server, and placed on the new server under /var/named/chroot/etc

Ran "/etc/init.d/named start" get some odd errors in the
/var/log/messages file

bad owner name (check-names) hits the majority of the zone files,

Also when run rndc status the following returns:

rndc status

number of zones: 245

debug level: 0

xfers running: 0

xfers deferred: 0

soa queries in progress: 0

query logging is OFF

recursive clients: 0/1000

tcp clients: 0/100

server is up and running

So it appears it is seeing the zone files..

Can someone point me in a direction to head with this?

Is it because the primary server is still active? And this temp box
doesn't know how to play in the same network? What am I missing ?