BIND 9.3.2 and temp box.

Eric Berg eberg at bergbrains.com
Mon Dec 4 22:44:04 UTC 2006

You may be able to do lookups, but it sounds like you may be missing
records -- like the one that raised the bad owner name error.

I recently wrote a perl script that would take zone files and perform
name resolution for each entry in each zone file to verify that the
config was resolving all the same hosts identically on the "new" dns
servers.  That helps assure me that all of my tweaking, upgrading and
changing stuff hasn't left anything behind.

-EB.