BIND 9.3.2 and temp box.

Mueller, Rex rmueller at esu3.org
Tue Dec 5 16:31:49 UTC 2006

In my /var/log/messages I am getting the following message:

no TTL specified - using SOA MINTTL instead

Currently our zone files have the following information in the SOA area:

@       IN      SOA     ns1.OURDOMAIN.org.  dns.ns1.OURDOMAIN.org. (
                        200612050 ;Serial
                        43200   ; Refresh - 12 hours
                        1800    ; Retry - 1 minute
                        604800  ; Expire - 2 weeks
                        86400)  ; Minimum - 12 hours

IF I put an entry as
$TTL 86400
Above the SOA will the error/message go away?

Does the TTL directive need to be at the top of the zone file or the
bottom or does it require that it be in the SOA section?