named.conf cannot be changed

Doyle Collings dcollings at loganutah.org
Tue Dec 5 21:32:32 UTC 2006

I am running BIND 9.2 on Suse 9.3.  I am trying to add the location of the
slave file in named.conf using the following syntax:
file "slave/loganutah.org";

when I restart my dns server by issuing a named stop and named start
command, the line is taken away from the zone configuration?  If I move the
named.conf file and restart the server using the same procedure, the
named.conf reappears in the var/lib/named/etc/ location.  What process is
writing the file to the location? Should I be editing named.conf from
another location?