Changing output of bind

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Dec 11 15:02:35 UTC 2006

If its "visitors" then its not "internal" is it?

It sounds like a really bad idea.  You should explain to the user the
proper use of dig and tell him that making an internal only version
different than that seen by everyone else in the world is apt to cause
problems in resolving DNS issues later.

If you really must do it for "internal" use perhaps writing a wrapper
script around dig and calling it something else then doing your own
queries and formatting within that script.   Call it something like
"digint" so that when people later report results you'll know their
using something other than the standard dig tool.