Domain not resolve but resolve with other ISP domain

Sun Dec 17 15:33:50 UTC 2006

Recursion is as follows:

When you query a non-recursive DNS server, it returns the answer from
it's cache (if it has it), it's zone files (for zones it is
authoritative for), or the servers you can query to get the answer.
When you query a recursive DNS server, the server runs all the queries
needed to get you (the client) the final answer, rather than leaving you
to run other queries yourself to get the answer.

So, if I queried "google.com" on a non-recursive server, it'd tell me to
query the root nameservers.
However, if I queried "google.com" on a recursive server, the server
would query the root nameservers, and any others it needed to get me the
record for google.com.

I think that your machine's resolvers (in /etc/resolv.conf) aren't
working, or you cannot reach them.
To query a specific server, use "dig @<server IP> <query>" - so to query
my machine 80.175.29.73 for google.com, I'd do "dig @80.175.29.73
google.com".

Try doing that for all the IP addresses listed in /etc/resolv.conf and
post your results.