tracking scammers by IP number

Alexander Harvey alexh19740110 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 14:53:09 UTC 2006

Hi Bind Users.
I am wondering if anyone on this list can advise me on a little personal
project I'm working on at the moment:

Over the years I have been contacted by people who have responded to my
profile on various internet dating sites pretending to be beautiful Russian
princesses trying desperately to flee their lives of hardship in Russia into
a wholesome marriage in a first-world country such as Australia, where I
happen to live.

For the last few days I have been corresponding with a person who calls
him/herself 'Natalya,' uses a yahoo email address, claims to be in Omsk,
Russia, but whose email headers show in fact his/her messages are coming
from various servers in the US.

My question is this: beyond collecting IP numbers for my own curiosity &
watching on a map the various originating locations of these messages, what
can I do to have these people actually put into a lovely US prison?

The originating headers always look something like this: