Automatic refresh secondary when primary change

Jeff Reasoner jeff.reasoner at mail.hccanet.org
Thu Feb 2 16:20:20 UTC 2006

First off, if you have 2 views you only need 1 acl. Secondly, you need
to make sure that the 2 IP addresses on your server do not both match
that acl.
if you have

acl internal {192.168.0/24; };

your master could be 192.168.0.1/24 and 172.16.1.2/24

only the first address matches the view:

view "internal-in" {
	match-clients {internal; };
	notify yes;

zones in that view look like:

zone "domain.com"{
	 type master;
	 file "db.internal.domain.com";
	 allow-transfer {192.168.0.2; };
	 };

and the other view:

view "any" {
	match-clients { any; };
	notify yes;

zone "domain.com"{
	 type master;
	 file "db.domain.com";
	 allow-transfer {192.168.0.2; 172.16.1.2; };
	 also-notify {172.16.1.2; };
	 };

In named.conf on the secondary, use the same acl and views, just change
the zone info:

zone "domain.com"{
	 type slave;
	 file "db.internal.domain.com";