Why does sendmail think its host is named `localhost' is it named?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Feb 7 02:06:05 UTC 2006

Looks like fairly standard sendmail boilerplate, I don't see anything
that explains why sendmail would be confused over your hostname. Nothing
unusual in your /etc/hosts either. sendmail is picking it up from
somewhere in your system config, but I'm not really very familiar with
your OS (Gentoo), so I can't really help you. You could trying asking on
a sendmail or Gentoo list...

- Kevin