Regarding BIND9.3.2

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 09:37:37 UTC 2006

It's actually a preprocessor define - you can find the following lines
in lib/isc/mem.c:

/*
 * Define ISC_MEM_USE_INTERNAL_MALLOC=1 to use the internal malloc()
 * implementation in preference to the system one.  The internal malloc()
 * is very space-efficient, and quite fast on uniprocessor systems.  It
 * performs poorly on multiprocessor machines.
 */
#ifndef ISC_MEM_USE_INTERNAL_MALLOC
#define ISC_MEM_USE_INTERNAL_MALLOC 0
#endif

Change the #define line so the variable is defined to 1 instead, and
then recompile.