Newb Question

help at nantucket.net help at nantucket.net
Mon Feb 20 17:44:46 UTC 2006

Hi all...

Im confused.  Im trying to add a tertiary name server to my domain record at
godaddy (or network solutions also).  Here is the current setup:

domain in question: www.mydomain.com
name server 1: ns1.masterdomain.com
name server 2: backup.masterdomain.com

When I try to add a tertiary server of: ns2.masterdomain.com

Neither registry allows it.  Godaddy gives an "unknown error".  Ive tried
contacting godaddy support about it, but of course I get canned responses
that run me in circles, very frustrating.  Is there something im missing?
Does this ns2 need to be registered somewhere?  Why cant I add it?