Recursive PTR query behavior

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Feb 24 01:39:26 UTC 2006

Server1 doesn't necessarily believe the glue records from the response
to the previous query since Server3 is not, as far as it knows,
authoritative for anything under .org. The data isn't very "credible".
So Server1 goes back up to the root server (Server2) to get an
"independent" resolution of that name.

- Kevin