compiling 8.4.7 Solaris 7

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Jan 4 22:30:59 UTC 2006

> Hello,
>

> I'm trying to compile Bind 8.4.7 on a Solaris 7 system and have an error in
> linking due to strlcpy not found. The folks at Sun say that strlcpy is not
> available until Solaris 8. The INSTALL file says that this version compiles
> on Solaris 6 and 7. Is there a workaround (other than an OS upgrade)?

	Just remove that code block.  It's only there for backwards
	compatibity with Sun's libresolv.

	For future reference.  People running ancient OS's should
	atleast test compile at the beta stage.  We don't have the
	resources to run a instance of ever possible OS named
	theoretically runs on.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC