Log errors

Josh Hyles josh.maillists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 14:17:53 UTC 2006

Hey guys, I'm somewhat new to DNS, so please bear with me.

I am currently getting this error in my logs about every hour...

client 12.45.64.7#1028: view external: update 'goatinatree.com/IN' denied

The errors are on the NS1.goatinatree.com and that machines IP is 12.45.64.7

There are a bunch of logs saying that ns2.goatinatree.com has updated
successfully, so I'm just wondering why this error is coming up since
the machine shouldn't be updating from itself?

This is a new install and a new dns server. I updated the ns1 ip
address at my registrar yesterday morning(8am EST). I did simply copy
over all the bind files (running on nt) and install BIND using the
installer. I made the proper changes (from slave to master) and was
not getting any errors when DNS started up. I am running nslookups and
not seeing any problems, yet some users are complaining of bounced
mail. I sent a few test messages and nothing was bounced, so i'm not
sure what is going on exactly. Any help would be much appreciated.

Josh