Info required on IPv4 only DIG utility ...

Holger Honert holger.honert at signal-iduna.org
Fri Jan 13 10:08:53 UTC 2006

Hi Gajanana,

just use it with the switch -4 (see man-page):

NAME
       dig - DNS lookup utility

SYNOPSIS
       dig  [ @server ]  [ -b address ]  [ -c class ]  [ -f filename ]
[ -k file­
       name ]  [ -p port# ]  [ -t type ]  [ -x addr ]  [ -y name:key ]
       -6 ]  [ name ]  [ type ]  [ class ]  [ queryopt... ]

[snip]

       The -4 option forces dig to only use IPv4 query transport.  The
-6  option
       forces dig to only use IPv6 query transport.

[snip]

Regards

Holger