RES: dynamic DNS updates using nsupdate - which view is updated?

Paula Saito Telloli Martins pmartins at bmf.com.br
Mon Jan 23 17:42:03 UTC 2006

I use bind 9.2.3 with 2 view´s and nsupdate. You need to specify one ip
address to each view, in order to use the command correctly.
So, you will use the command as follow:
> nsupdate
> server <ip address of the view you want to update> (this specify which
zone you are updating);
> update add or update delete ...

When you have 2 view's, you have already used 2 ip´s for the slave server,
in order to use the "transfer-source" command (I suppose). If you want to
use nupdate (as a plus) , you must specify 2 ip addresses for the master
server also.

This is the way I'm using it. The only thing I could not find is what the
reason the time to complete updates are different for both view's...The
first view is updated immediatly. The second view delays the time specified
in the DB. File, or when I recicle the bind service.

I hope this could help you.

Bye !

Paula Martins.