Fake-root/view help needed

Smellycat s8sjggkf at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 00:43:53 UTC 2006

>I am confused on what to put in the fake-root zone file. Currently, I have:
>
>### fake-root
>$TTL 0
>@ IN SOA fakens.mydomain.org. root.fakens.mydomain.org. (
>                119 ; 10800 ; 360 ; 604800 ; 86400 ; )
>                IN      NS      ns.mydomain.org.
>ns              IN      A      192.1.1.4
>ns.mydomain.org     IN      A       192.1.1.4
>*               IN      A       192.1.1.130
>### End fake-root

 My syntax was wrong. I changed it to the following which works:

$ORIGIN .
$TTL 0
@ IN SOA fakens.mydomain.org. root.fakens.mydomain.org. (
                        2006010101      ; serial, todays date + todays
serial #
                        5              ; refresh, seconds
                        5              ; retry, seconds
                        5              ; expire, seconds
                        5 )            ; minimum, seconds
                  IN      NS      ns.mydomain.org.
ns              IN      A      192.1.1.4
ns.mydomain.org     IN      A       192.1.1.4
*                 IN      A       192.1.1.130

 I coupled this with apache redirect/rewrite engine and all web access goes
to single page. Now lets see how long it takes the user to fix the DNS
server on his windows box. All emails to 'abuse' address have been
unanswered. Does ANYONE answer abuse addresses ever?