4 second delay on lookups

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp
Sat Jul 8 07:09:59 UTC 2006

>> Why not to try to start named with "-4" option for listening only on
>> ipv4 addresses.
>> Can somebody, who is more experienced than me to tell if this would
>> help?

> I don't believe BIND 9 has the '-4' commandline option, which is what
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/nahant-list/2005-October/msg00375.html
> was referring to.

> Certainly 'man named' and 'named --help' make no mention of '-4'.

The -4 option is available only in 9.3 and later.

Your options are:
- upgrade BIND9 to 9.2.5 or 9.3.2 (then you don't even need to specify
  -4)
- rebuild 9.2.4 with --disable-ipv6

In any case, you cannot solve the problem without touching the
'build-in' version of BIND9 provided by Debian, the solution which I
guess you are seeking.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.