COnfigure DNS for Exchange 2003

Thierry Le Prettre honu at technolog.fr
Mon Jul 10 15:07:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

i need some help on a DNS configuration.

I've got a DNS server running well and a postfix mail server. All is working
fine (hope so ..). My postfix mailserver is declared in the DNS as followed:
mydomain.com MX pop.mydomain.com.
The IP address of the site is 1.1.1.1

I installed now in a another location an Exhcnage 2003 mail server. I didn't
want this server to receive email directly by internet so i'm using the
POP3Connector of Exchnage2k3. The IP address of the site is 2.2.2.2, and the
sending mail address is @mydomain.com (as the main one).

My problem is : how can i tell to everyone on the internet that the email
@mydomain.com coming from 2.2.2.2 are not spam ? which value did I had to
modify in my DNS ? The MX didn't fit (as the server IS NOT going to receive
any email) ...so ??

than's for the answer

Thierry