Dynamic Reverse Configuration

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Mon Jul 17 18:03:02 UTC 2006

I'm not sure if this is a bind or dhcpd question, but I'll start here...

I am running a small domain on bind8/FreeBSD 4.11.  This includes running
the isc dhcpd service.  I want to configure things so that when a
machine is issued an address by dhcp, a correct reverse is established
for that machine.  Say I plug in a machine named 'foo' and dhcpd gives
it an IP of 10.0.0.12.  What I want is for the reverse of 10.0.0.12
to return foo.mydomain.com.

I'm just looking for a pointer to some resources here, not a step by step
explanation...

TIA,
Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com