zone reload queued?

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Thu Jul 20 19:45:19 UTC 2006

At 02:40 PM 7/20/2006, Jim McAtee wrote:
>I reloaded a zone on a BIND 9.3.1 server using rndc and received a "zone
>reload queued" message.  I don't think I'd ever seen that before.  Why
>wasn't the zone reloaded immediately?

That's the standard response you should get when reloading a zone. It
should happen immediately anyway unless your server is so severely
taxed that it can't. I've always seen these take place instantaneously.

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of
fear" -- Mark Twain